As we enter the last days of summer, you should consider making the most of your remaining time before Fall begins. There are only a few more months before the weather gets cold, so it’s a great idea to head outdoors and enjoy the warmth. Here are some ideas for what to do in Rhode Island before summer ends:
- Go To The Beach: Rhode Island is the “Ocean State” and has forty miles of coastline. Whether you want a secluded, natural beach or a fun, family-friendly beach with lots of activities and boardwalks, Rhode Island has you covered. Here’s a guide to some of the best beaches in Rhode Island from Coastal Living.
- Check Out A National Park: Rhode Island has three national parks all filled with beautiful nature, fascinating history, and fun family activities. Check out the three parks at the National Parks Service website to plan your trip.
- Experience WaterFire: WaterFire is a truly unique event to Providence and something everyone must check out. WaterFire incorporates a variety of fire sculptures floating down the three rivers. There’s also live music, games, and it’s a great place to learn about the local nonprofit organizations making a difference in our community. Check out the upcoming schedule for WaterFire on the website.
- Explore A Vineyard: If you are a wine aficionado, you are in luck. Rhode Island has some gorgeous vineyards that make a variety of delicious wines. You can learn more about them on the Visit Rhode Island webpage. Wine, not your thing? Rhode Island also has some great breweries that make a range of spirits. Learn more here.
- Go To The Drive-In: Drive in movies are a vintage American favorite. Most of these great theaters have closed down across the US, but here in Rhode Island we still have the Rustic Tri View Drive-In. So pack up your car, grab your friends and family, and go check out a summer blockbuster. Learn more about the drive-in and their schedule on their Facebook page.
- Go Birding: If you are a nature or an animal lover, you should check out the Audubon Society of Rhode Island. They have a whole host of events and guides for you to bird watch at any of your favorite Rhode Island parks.
- Take A Cruise: There are tons of different day cruises that can take you out onto the water. There are yachts, ferries, and even sailboat charters. It’s a great way to get on the water without having to own a boat. Check out all the boat charters on the Visit Rhode Island website.
These are just some of the great activities you can enjoy before the summer ends. Providence is full of great events and activities, so make sure to also check the local events section of the Providence Journal for some other really great ideas! If you don’t get a chance to do everything you’d like this summer, don’t worry. Providence also has some incredible Fall events to look forward to every year as well!